“The true meaning of life
is to plant trees, under whose
shade you do not expect to sit.”
Join us as we celebrate "Giving Back"
Our Seventh District Members "Give Back" to the community in a variety of ways. We hope to share their stories on this page. Keep visiting for updates!
December 8, 2018--NEW YORK CITY, NY –Special Olympics New York President and CEO Stacey Hengsterman and Golisano Foundation Executive Director Ann Costello announced that Rochester, NY pediatric dentist and Special Olympics Clinical Director Dr. Abrahim Caroci received the 2018 Golisano Health Leadership Award for New York State — the highest regional honor for Special Olympics health partners.
The award was presented to Dr. Caroci Saturday, December 8th at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City at the Special Olympics New York Floor Hockey Winter Classic. The presentation was a part of the Opening Ceremonies.
Dr. Caroci is one of only 109 individuals and organizations in the world to be honored this year with the Golisano Health Leadership Award. Read entire article here: http://golisanofoundation.org/Golisano-Foundation/Newsroom/News2018/News_GHLA_AbraCaroci_12.7.18.aspx .
Seventh District Member Dr. Caroci received the 2018 Golisano Health Leadership Award for New York State
Each Year, the County Components of Seventh District Dental Society donate to local charities for the holiday season. Below are some of those donations in December 2018. As we receive Thank You notes, we will post below:
Livingston County: Geneseo/ Groveland Emergency Food Pantry Thank You Note
Steuben County Dental Society: Bampa's House Thank You Note
Cayuga County: Brian Bisgrove Home Of Courage Thank You Note
Monroe County Dental Society made a number of donations including:
- No One Left Behind: Dedicated to helping Afghan & Iraqi Wartime Allies resettle safely in the United States. These are individuals who offered life saving interpretation and support services to U.S. military forces. Thank You Note
- HOPE (Dental Clinic in Borgne, Haiti): For thousands of Borgne residents there is now access to professional dentistry and preventive care. The ASB (Borgne Medical Alliance) dental clinic opened in 2012 and is staffed by a full-time dentist, Dr. Ruthza, plus an intern; and we have several in-service dental visits from U.S. volunteer dentists. This past year the clinic was upgraded with digital x-ray technology; and began doing root-canal work through Dr. Ruthza. As the clinic’s founder, Dr. Steve Burgart (Dokte Steve) would say, “most people in Borgne generally have mostly good teeth, and one or two very bad ones’. This is symptomatic of a community that had basically no access to professional dentistry to provide preventive care or early treatment of dental problems (cavities and disease). Thank You Note
- Pencils & Paper: Serving the educational and creative needs of children in the greater Rochester area by providing free school supplies to teachers at high poverty schools. Thank You Note
- St. Joseph's Neighborhood Center: Providing comprehensive dental, physical and mental health services to uninsured and underinsured individuals in and around Rochester, NY. Thank You Note
- Boys & Girls Club of Rochester: Each year, Dr. Steven Damilio has delivered gifts from MCDS to the kids during their Breakfast with Santa Celebration. Thank You Note
The Staff of NYSDA Giving Back at the Holiday through ADOPT A FAMILY. Thank You!
2018 NYSDA Adopt a Family Photo