2022 Oral Medicine Conference
Practical Updates in Oral Medicine and Laser Applications
Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Rochester, NY
March 4, 2022
- Learn about current applications of Photobiomodulation (PBM) in oral medicine and dentistry.
- Review principles of safe use of lasers in dentistry.
- Increase awareness of oral diseases and oral manifestations for systemic diseases.
- Appreciate the risk for bleeding in patients with bleeding disorders and ways to reduce this risk.
- Understand the basics of Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS) and the use of assessment tools to manage BMS.
- Apprehend the experience of research collaboration with the industry.
- Learn about the use of TeleHealth in oral medicine.
- An overview of contemporary oral medicine for the general practitioner with emphasis on practical implications in the dental setting. Key topics will include oral manifestation in systemic diseases and management of oral diseases.
- Practice management in the era of telemedicine and its application to Oral Medicine, as well as, the essence of research collaboration with the industry will be described.
- Likewise, the conference will highlight applications of PBM in oral medicine and dentistry, as well as safe use of laser in the dental practice. The course will allow participants to take an exam for Basic Laser Safety.
Sharon Elad, DMD MSc
Professor and Chair, Division of Oral Medicine
Principal Consultant, Hospital Dentistry
Eastman Institute for Oral Health
University of Rochester Medical Center
Meet the Speakers
Praveen Arany, DDS, PhD
School of Dental Medicine, Engineering & Applied Sciences,
University at Buffalo
Robert A. Convissar, DDS
Diplomate, American Board of Laser Surgery
Director of Laser Dentistry
New York Presbyterian Hospital Of Queens, NYC
New York, NY.
Arwa M. Farag, BDS, DMSc, Dip ABOM, Dip ABOP, FDS RCSEd
Division of Oral Medicine, Department of Oral Diagnostic Sciences, King AbdulAziz University Faculty of Dentistry, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Sciences, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Vidya Sankar, DMD, MHS
Associate Professor and Division Director for Oral Medicine
Department of Diagnostic Sciences
Director, TUSDM Patient COVID Testing Center
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
Alessandro Villa, DDS, PhD, MPH
Chief, Oral Medicine
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA.