Hello everyone, The ADA will be sharing an important report today. This report will be published in JADA. The report finds that the COVID-19 Rate Among Dentists is Less than One Percent.
- PRESS RELEASE: The release is attached. We have also placed the press release in our news section: https://www.nysdental.org/news-publications/news
- ADA News Story: https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2020-archive/october/ada-study-finds-covid-19-rate-among-dentists-less-than-1-percent?utm_source=Societies&utm_medium=Rotator&utm_content=covid-19-dentists
- KEY MESSAGES: Key points are attached, below and will be updated as needed at: https://www.nysdental.org/about-us/component-resources
- According to a study published in The Journal of the American Dental Association, fewer than one percent of dentists in the U.S. were found to be COVID-19 positive.
- This is very good news for dentists and patients. This means that what dentists are doing – heightened infection control and increased attention to patient and dental team safety – is working.
- Dentists were assumed to be at high risk for contracting COVID-19 because of their proximity with patients and aerosol-generating procedures. And yet, the data shows an extremely low infection rate.
- The extremely low infection rate supports the effectiveness of the recommendations from the ADA and CDC in helping to keep the dental team and their patients as safe as possible.
- The bottom line is, the dental profession has taken this issue extremely seriously, and it shows.
- Resuming regular dental visits is important because treatment, as well as prevention of cavities and other issues, helps keep people healthy.
- MEDIA REQUESTS: Should you have questions or be contacted by press and would like assistance, please contact me directly at email@example.com. I can assist with determining if the media need to speak with ADA media relations team or NYSDA.
Grazia A. Yaeger
Director of Marketing and Communication