|Start Date:||November 10, 2021 6:00pm|
|Featured Speaker:||Dr. Filip Ambrosio|
MONROE COUNTY DENTAL SOCIETY
Rochester Dental Study Club
WEDNESDAY, November 10, 2021
ZOOM 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm – 2 MCE Credits
“Advances in Bone Grafting”
Dr. Filip Ambrosio
Log-in begins at 5:45 pm •• You must be on for the entire meeting for MCE credits.
In the over 100-year history of bone replacement in the human body, a wide variety of surgical approaches and materials have been developed, many of which we still use today. However, with the advent of new technology we are now able to treat patients using custom made, patient specific materials. Using such materials shows strong promise of improving treatment predictability and patient outcomes while decreasing treatment time and mobidity. Please join me while we explore the pros and cons of custom allogenic block grafts for regeneration of severe osseous deficiencies in preparation for implants
1) Learn the history of bone grafting in dentistry and understand how the techniques and material have evolved over the years
2) Learn some of the different techniques that are being taught
3) Learn limitations of each technique
4) Become aware of customized blocks and how they are used
Dr. Filip Ambrosio is a Rochester native born and raised in Chili. He went to school at Gates Chili high school and completed a Bachelor of Science degree at RIT in 2008. He completed his DDS degree in 2010 at the University of Detroit Mercy and obtained his Master of Science and Certificate in Periodontics in 2017 also from the University of Detroit Mercy. He has multiple publications in peer reviewed journals, one of which was featured on the cover of the Journal of Clinical Periodontics and was the most downloaded article of 2018. He moved back to Rochester in 2017 and is currently an associate at Progressive Implantology and Periodontics . He obtained his Diplomat status in 2018. He and his wife Heather have three kids; Liam who is 8 years old, Miles who is 3 years old and Arie who is just a few months old.
SAVE THE DATES:
Wednesday, February 9, 2022 – Zoom Presenter: Dr. Robert Lang – 2 MCE
Wednesday, April 13, 2022 – Zoom Presenter: Dr. Alf Bunes - 2 MCE
Monroe County Dental Society is a component of 7th District; recognized as a CERP provider through NYSDA.
- Continuing Education (CE) credits are awarded for all lectures that meet the NYSED requirements.
- One hour of credit is awarded for each 50 minutes of presentation attended.
- CE forms for NYS Continuing Education requirements will be given to each attendee when checking in at registration.
- To verify attendance, a four digit code, read at the end of each seminar must be marked on the CE form.
- After completing the form please bring the white copy to the registration table before leaving.
The yellow copy is for your own records. It is recommended that you retain copies of all your CE forms in case of audit.
Program Cost: MCDS member – no charge (included in your 2021-2022 MCDS membership)
$100.00 NON-MCDS member
$50.00 Each Staff person (of MCDS Member or non-MCDS member)
Course Credit: 2 MCE Credit Hours
Name: (please print) Attach a list of additional attendees if necessary _________________________________________________________________
Mailing Address: ___________________________________________________
Phone #:_______________Fax #:_____________ADA #____________________
Email Address (for registration confirmation): ____________________________
Please make checks payable to: Rochester Dental Study Club
- Credit Card payment available by calling the Executive office at 585.385.9550
Total Fee: $ __________
Mail registration to:
Rochester Dental Study Club
255 Woodcliff Drive, Fairport, NY 14450
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/goto/cerp