|Start Date:||October 2, 2020 8:30am|
|Location:||Monroe Golf Club|
|Address:||155 Golf Ave|
|Featured Speaker:||Dr. Larry J. Sangrik|
|Sponsor:||Seventh District Dental Society/MCDS|
Monroe County Dental Society Annual Meeting
Larry J. Sangrik, DDS is a 1979 graduate of The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. In addition to practicing general dentistry with an emphasis on meeting the needs of apprehensive patients, he has lectured nationally at most of the nation's major dental meetings on medical emergency preparedness, dental fear and the use of sedation in dentistry. He has written numerous articles on these subjects and published an original research project by the American Association of Dental Boards.
Medical emergencies occurring in the dental office can be stressful and frightening, not only for the patient, but also the entire dental team. This course is designed for dentists and staffs to prepare their office in accordance with American Dental Association recommendations. The appropriate preparatory steps to take before a crisis occurs will be covered. Then techniques to identify and respond to the eleven medical events dental offices are likely to face will be addressed.
Objectives and Outcomes
1) Understand the three causes of medical emergencies during dental appointments and where dental offices are at risk
2) Know the six areas in which the ADA suggests dental offices should prepare for an emergency
3) Learn how to organize your dental team for a prompt, organized response
4) Discover the medications and equipment every dental office should have available
5) Develop techniques to identify and respond to eleven different medical emergencies