|Start Date:||May 11, 2018 8:00am|
|Address:||601 Elmwood Ave.|
|Featured Speaker:||Dr. Eileen Kalmar, Dr. John Kalmar & Dr. Joseph Fantuzzo|
|Sponsor:||Seventh District Dental Society/MCDS|
Hands-on Journey of the Head & Neck: Call of Anatomy
Registration ONLINE ONLY - Registration opens Tuesday, March 27th at 6:00 a.m.
Dentists ONLY may Register
Day ONE ONLY - $500 (60 seats) 8 CE Credits
DAY ONE & TWO -$1,500 (12 seats) First Come/First Serve 8 CE Credits Each Day
- Examine musculoskeletal anatomical relationships and landmarks of the head and neck.
- Explore superficial facial structures, the muscles of mastication, and the temporomandibular joint.
- Distinguish the infratemporal fossa and pterygopalatine fossa and their respective key components.
- Locate and examine paranasal sinuses and related neurovasculature.
- Differentiate common fascia compartments and correlate with infection potential spread.
- Discuss anatomical variants of the oral cavity.
- Review common and significant oral soft tissue masses.
- Identify common and significant bone and radiographic abnormalities.
- Identify and explore the management of common dento-alveolar complications in the outpatient clinic.
- Understand common factors that compromise wound healing.
- Explore and examine through dissection: superficial facial structures; the muscles of mastication; the temporomandibular joint; the infratemporal and pterygopalatine fossa, and their respective key components; and paranasal sinuses with related neurovasculature.
- Practice local anesthetic injection sites. Through a lab activity examine “How accurate are you?”
- Discuss details of intraoral flap design/closure.
- Discuss and differentiate common fascia compartments and related clinical correlates.
- Discuss common technical details related to bone grafting.